Friday, July 14, 2017

"Feeling The Heat...Need The Beach "


Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.

It’s Friday, July 14, 2017 and it is going to be another hot day outside.  Here comes the weekend and time to get away for some fun and relaxation.  Come on let’s go….
What could be more fun than to celebrate in or near the water?  Just think how refreshing it would be just to take a swim or stick your toes in the sand.
We are so close to Virginia Beach that I’m going to suggest a get-away to my DH.  I can just see and feel the water at this moment…so much so that I pulled out items from my stash to create a beach scene.
Cardstock: Ranger water color and Recollections craft, black and teal cardstock.
Inks: Distress oxide (salty ocean); Distress Ink (tumbled glass); Distress Ink (evergreen bough)
Stickers: Paper House snapshots (sentiment and lighthouse; Recollections clouds and K & Company seashells

·         I used the three inks at the top of my water color paper and left room for my craft cardstock (to be used as “sand”).

·         The craft cardstock was torn and inked with rusty hinge Distress ink.  This left just enough of the white space to appear as the white sand on the beach.

·         I used some acetate that looked like woodgrain to imitate the ripples in the water. This was placed above the craft cardstock.

·         I included the K &Company “seashell” stickers at the bottom of the Paper House Snapshots lighthouse sticker.  Then, I placed two of the Recollections cloud sticker at the top of the paper and lastly, placed the sentiment (Paper House) under the clouds.


This will be used as an entry to the following:




Below are the items used in my design.
Distress and oxide inks; stickers from Paper House snapshots and K & Company



Hoping that this card will inspire you to go near the water this weekend.  If you don’t take a swim, just walk on the sand and have a good “seafood” meal while the breeze from the ocean blows through your hair. 

Whatever you do, have some fun and relax.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,

Lois

P.S.  I pulled out the items and put the time in to plan this one.  It was not like the one I did on yesterday…July 13th (lol)


No comments: