Thursday, July 6, 2017

"I Created A Background Using Distress Oxide"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Welcome to Thursday, July 6, 2017.  Twenty more days before "Sunshine" celebrates her ninth birthday.  So, we count down with her and get just as excited as she is getting.
There's a lovely lady over at https://meandmydailypapercraft.blogspot.com (Pri) who does gorgeous backgrounds for her cards.  I've been amazed and inspired to try my hand at doing something other than just adding paper for my backgrounds.  Today, I tried...  Caution:  It's not the best but I like the colors I used.  This card will be entered over at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.
Challenge Weeks #290-#291 - Anything Goes .   I play along on this site often and for their last challenge....And Our Top 3 Honors Go To:Entry #58 - Julie P. Entry #107 - E. Marie  and
Entry #150 - Lois (that's me)

To make this background, I started with a piece of Ranger watercolor paper and the 1st set of Distress oxide inks.  In no particular order, I applied the oxide on the paper.  I used a paint brush filled with clear water and let it drip down onto the paper (white dots).  Once the water dried, I used an old credit card and swiped it through the folk Art white extreme glitter paint, the black Archival ink pad and then I used the white Gelly Roll pen to highlight the paint and the black lines.
I cut out the die cut using Tattered Lace Chamomile Spray three times and adhered the pieces together with glue.  I used the NUVO Dandelion yellow crystal drops around the center of the flowers with a touch of an orange marker in the center.
The sentiment which came from Hampton Arts "handwritten Sentiments was stamped with the black Archival ink.  A few other faux gems were added to the card front.



Items from left to right: Distress Oxide inks; Gelly Roll bright whit ink pen; folk Art Extreme glitter white paint; Tattered Lace Chamomile Spray die; Hampton Arts Handwritten Sentiments stamp set; Nuvo Gloss-Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops



entry for http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/



Here, I've used dylusions mini Coulture stamp set; Sizzix bird talk stamp; Paper from Hunkydory (createandcraft.com) and the sketch to use for this week.

Thanks for viewing with me today.
I hope you saw something that will spark your interest.
Come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: