Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"Cozy Warm And Bright Christmas"

Happy Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
Hello to all my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Toady is the second workday for this week not unless you went to work on the weekend or started your work week on Sunday.  Nevertheless, we are here sharing and interacting with one another.

The National Day Calendar for today reports that it is NATIONAL RELAXATION DAY and NATIONAL LEMON MERINGUE PIE DAY.
Here is the reason for celebrating:
"National Relaxation Day is  time to slow down, unwind and relax!
It is an important day as we all need a break from the fast-paced and often hectic lifestyles we live. Taking time to recuperate and rejuvenate our tired minds and bodies may help prevent many health risks.  Like the founder of this day suggested, too much work can make us sick, run down, tired and that’s just wrong.
Are you hungry? Pie lovers and lemon lovers from across the country get your forks ready. August 15th is National Lemon Meringue Pie Day."

I'm going to have a hard time trying to celebrate both of these.  My weekend was very relaxing as well as yesterday so I'm going to do something that needs to be done today.  It will not be stressful and my body will not get tired.  I have to skip the pie because I'm working on keeping my glucose level in the normal range.  My LAB report last week shows my A1C at a reasonable level and I want to keep it that way.  To work on being healthy can be challenging when certain foods are presented to you.  I see it but I have resistance to stay away from so many sweet treats.

I hope you are not tired of the holiday cards I have been making.  I'm considering making something different tomorrow but don't hold me to that consideration.  If I have an idea in my mind. I have to get it out and onto paper before it goes away.
This one will also be seen at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com  and
 http://themerrychristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/2017/08/challenge-29-anything-christmas-goes.html

Enabler's List:
Cardstock: Neenah white; Recollection black; Hunkydory Adorable Scorable "Penguin Party"
die: Cottage Cutz "Christmas Winter Night"
stamp: Hero Arts "Holiday Sentiments"
inks: Distress inks (scattered straw, cracked pistachio, peeled paint, pumice stone, hickory smoke, rusty hinge, ground espresso, fired brick); NUVO autumn red crystal drops; NUVO crystal glaze; black Archival ink;  iridescent glitter

Hoping, as you plan for the holidays, that it will be cozy, warm and bright!
Thanks so much for viewing.  Thanks for the lovely comments.  Come again and I hope something you see is not disappointing.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: