Thursday, August 24, 2017

"No Sentiment"

Happy Thursday crafters, friends, followers, viewers and visitors.
Have you ever made a card just for the making?  You take out the supplies and just start looking at what you can put together with no idea in that great mind of yours. 
Okay, so this paper will go with this paper...good.  Now, will I cut out something from a die or... just what will I add to these papers?
This is where and what I was doing this morning.  I wanted to play with paper and dies and flowers and inks (basically, everything in my craft space), but couldn't get the flow going.  I picked out several pieces of cardstock that would blend well together but had to decide on which group I would use.  Yes, I get to play in my space but I can't be there all day. 
After settling on something "pink", I pull out this Recollection frame that I've put on and took off my desk for the last two weeks.  One piece of the paper had a flower on it but I decided to enhance it with another one.  My flower dies didn't really make it to this 'ole brain so I just use my "go to" Spellbinders Romantic vines die for a start.  I then started looking through my collections of flowers and found or shall I say it just fell into my hands a flower that ended up matching my colors.
Now that I've put the majority of the pieces together, I'm stuck on the sentiment...should it be a birthday, an encouragement, a sympathy, .....just what kind of card?
Wait...and I will wait...until I need something special for someone or until I decide it will go in that lovely box for the soldiers...then I'll put a sentiment on it.  As of this viewing, you will not see one.
Take a look at the final result without a sentiment:
Supplies:
Prima Tales of You and Me paper pad
Prima flower
Recollection frame
Spellbinders Romantic Vines die
Recollections black and pink cardstock and Neenah white cardstock 


 I know some of you have been in this same dilemma...you just have to admit it.  It doesn't happen everyday but when it does, we're perplexed.  Sometimes we find it helpful to look at Pinterest, Google or on each other's sites to get an idea.   It just wasn't happening for me this morning.

Nevertheless, it was fun to put together what I put together.  Tomorrow is another day and we shall see what happens.

Take care and have a great day.
Come again and enjoy the view and leave a comment.  I love hearing from you.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: