Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Cricut Explore and Design Space

Good day to my friends, followers and viewers.
One of the things that I decided to do today was to pull out the Cricut Explore and cut some images for card making.  Most of the time  you have seen some of my cards displaying the use of Spellbinders and Sizzix dies.  They are my go to dies because they are easier to grab, cut (with the Big Shot) and go.
The Cricut Explore is something that I don't have room for at the moment to leave out to play with every day.  This takes a little more time to set up.  Today, I did just that.  I made room for this machine and hooked it up to my computer so I could cut some images from the Design Space.
I spent more time looking through the various images before I decided on a few (in all honesty...many) to cut out.
These two cards are just a sample of some of the images I cut from Design Space to use for today:
I cut out the sentiment first and then found another image to go with it.  I'm not a fan of Halloween but I thought this would be cute to give to my granddaughter.  I had been practicing again with watercolor paper and distress inks and thought this would make a great background.  

This image was very impressive.  It was design to cut some parts of the flower and leave the other parts intact.  I cut two of these images and will used the other one for another project.  The mat was a piece I pulled from my famous stash bag and tried to match it with the flowers that I colored.  I was going for a pink and yellow look for the petals and a darker pink for the center.  My butterflies and sentiment  were cut from a piece of distressed watercolor paper that was in my stash bag.

This is a side view for you to see how the petals are partially cut.   You can also see some of the inside.

Whether you have a Cricut Explore or not you can find something that you haven't used in a long time and refresh  your crafty experience.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: