Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"Hello, Hello, Hello World"

Good Wednesday morning friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
How many times should you speak to a person before they decide to speak back to you?

There are some people you approach with "Good Morning", or "Good Afternoon, or "Hello" and they  will not open their mouth, wave their hand or nod their head to respond to you.  They pretend they didn't hear you.  You know you spoke loud enough for them to hear,  but they tell  you that fib and say, "Oh, I didn't hear you speak to me".   Or, they will say, "I didn't know you were talking to me".

I thought I would just ask that question.  It has happened to me a number of times.  I speak and the recipient looks at me as if I've just slapped them in the face instead of offering a courtesy to today's meet and greet.

The cards I've made are NOT for people who don't speak.  Instead, they are made because sometimes you just want to reach out to someone with a "hello".   You have been thinking about them and a "hello" is another way of letting them know they are on your mind.
Two of these cards were made for challenges:

This first card was made for  Mojo Monday 433 Contest.
  • The entire card (base, mats and focal area) was made from cardstock that came from Craft Smith Burgundy Rose paper pad.
  • The sentiment "hello" was cut with Cricut Explore in the Design Space
  • Martha Stewart butterfly that coordinated with the cardstock  was placed on the upper left hand corner 


This second card was made for http://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/Challenge @ 5 - Use Three Different Papers
  • Neenah white cardstock for the A2 base
  • green Recollection cardstock for the matting and design paper from Recollection
  • K & Company vellum butterfly
  • sentiment ...computer and printer generated
  • We R Memory designer ribbon


This third card is scraps that I had left over from other projects and put them together.  
The picture had been colored and put aside months ago...the sentiment  "hello world" had been cut out using the Cricut Explore and also put aside.  The butterfly was missing the foam backing (no problem...I always have something to use for adherence). The only piece that was new was the (middle) brown mat that I cut out to separate the Kraft mat that has a die cut window using Tim Holtz's Mix Media die from the A2 beige base.

Finally, I say to you again, hello, hello, hello world...are you there?

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: