Friday, March 17, 2017

"Our Weird Sense Of Humor"

Friday, March 17, 2017

Hello Everyone!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to those who are celebrating.  Enjoy your celebration.
Happy Friday to those who are working their last day for this work week and can't wait until the close of the day to start your weekend.

The story behind my card for today, has nothing to do with a St. Patrick's Day card.  It is one that started behind our  weird sense of humor.
Story:
DH announced that he was going to the grocery store to get him some ice cream.  So I stopped what I was doing and said, "there's something I need from the store but I don't know what it is.  I would go with you but it is so cold outside I don't want to put on all that heavy outer wear.  I'd rather stay warm...you go."
He comes home with the ice cream and a bag of lemons.  I asked, "what are the lemons for? That's not what I needed from the store.   Do you plan to squeeze the juice in your ice cream when you eat it?"
He tells me the lemons are for me since I was so cold.  He thought I could make me some lemonade and pretend it was summer time.  Then, I could get warm.
What a "joke" he is or we are!
I took his joking and use it for this card today.  I had been thinking how I could use green on a card since yesterday . 
Here it is for your viewing:

I started with a piece of Ranger water color paper.  I added cracked pistachio, peeled paint and fossilized amber Distress Oxide to the paper and spritzed water on it.  While waiting for the paper to dry, I stamped the jar onto vellum paper (two times).  I cut out the jar and added a piece of cardstock to look like a straw between the two pieces.  I also stamped the lemon-lime like slices from the Fiskars fresh fruit stamp and colored them with water color brushes from Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen set.  When the paper was fully dry, I used a border from Lawn Fawn stitched scalloped borders on the edge. All the piece were adhered to the card front.  I layered this piece with black Recollections cardstock and a piece of stripped green cardstock from DCWV before placing it on the white card base.
To my husband, here is a card letting you know from your humor, I simply enjoy you.  Thanks for the inspiration.  Lemonade to make me feel warm in this cold weather.


These are some of the items I used:
Ranger Distress Oxide
Recollections jar stamp
Fiskars fresh fruit stamp
Lawn Fawn stitched scalloped borders
Sizzix Big Shot machine

I hope you find your sense of humor and make someone else laugh today or this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.  Come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: