Thursday, March 16, 2017

"Feathers...Real and Fake"

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hello Everyone!
Today is St. Patrick's Day eve.  Are you Irish?  Do you enjoy the festivities that happens on St. Patrick's Day? 
When I worked with children in the school system, they would be so happy if you didn't have on any green for St. Patrick's Day.  This would give them a chance to "supposedly" pinch you (3rd graders).
I haven't made a card for this day and probably will not by tomorrow.  My thoughts are leaning a little towards using green on a card for tomorrow.  You and I will have to wait and see what happens.

Due to the snow that some of you had, our backyard was filled with birds that were trying to find food (lol). They flew in from your area to my backyard.   Lots and lots of birds. 
Guess where my inspiration came from for today...yes, those birds and their feathers.
Here is what I came up with in a short amount of time:
entry for www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

To keep up with my goals for 2017...make scripture cards or in this case a card for my bible journal group, I present to you my interpretation of God's provision using Psalm 91:4.  When I decided on using feathers, I also decided on using something from the Bible.
Psalm 91:4  HE WILL cover you WITH HIS feathers & UNDER HIS wings you WILL FIND refuge.
God is Good all the time!  All the time, God is Good!


 Here are some of the supplies I used. 
Spellbinders "feather" die; American Craft "premium ribbon"; Touch of Nature "feathers" and Sizzix Big Shot Machine.

From the National Day Calendar website, I'm participating in: NATIONAL EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RIGHT DAY...March 15th may have been a difficult day as it was National Everything You Think is Wrong Day, but March 16th is just the opposite as it is National Everything You Do is Right Day.  You get to feel good about everything that you do.
HOW TO OBSERVE
When you are right, you’re right.  There is no wrong way about it.  Take the good with the bad and a have a right kind of day.   Use #EverythingYouDoIsRightDay to post on social media.
Have a Safe, Legal and Fun Everything You Do Is Right Day.

Feathers, whether real or fake makes good embellishments on your cards.  Try using some on the ones you make.  When you are right, you're right with whatever you use (lol).

Thanks for viewing.  
Come Again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: