Tuesday, August 22, 2017

"Happy Day" Birthday Card

Good Tuesday friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
After the eclipse, what excitement is in store for you today?
My grand ("Sunshine") started her first day of school for the 2017-2018 school year.  I can imagine the excitement she is feeling.  Meeting new peers and socializing with the ones from last year.
My peers in the teaching field also went in today for meetings and conferences that will take place between today and August 31.  Our school will not open for the children until September 5, 2017.

It is going to be a happy day for everyone involved.
I'm in my crafting space until noon (being happy) and after that other important things.
Are you happy at this moment?  What will it take to cheer you up if you're not?
Here is a card that I made hoping that it will put a smile on your face:

I started with a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock in which I used Distress Oxide inks for the background.  A little water was spritz on the card and with a dry paper towel...it was immediately removed.  Using Tattered Lace Opulent Over the Edge die, I used another piece of smooth cardstock to cut out the die.  As stated, it is over the edge...it does not cut all the way out of the paper.  If you would like for it to do so, then, you will need to snip it away from the paper. There was enough space to slide my distressed piece behind the die.
I used a sentiment that was cut using my Cricut Explore and Cricut Design Space (free image).  For embellishing my card, I placed Martha Stewart faux pearls on the flower, around the top and on the butterfly (Tattered Lace Butterfly Dance die).
Entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Challenge #296-#297 - Anything Goes.

Tattered Lace Opulent Over the Edge die

Distress Oxides #1
Spice marmalade, fossilized amber and vintage photo was used on the card.

Martha Stewart faux pearls
Your visit and comments are always welcome.  I enjoy reading your expressions.  Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoyed your view.  Please come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: