Thursday, July 12, 2018

"July Birthday Card #3"

Hello visitors, followers, viewers and friends.
Today's card is another birthday card.  This one is made for my granddaughter.  Her birthday is on July 26.
Let's pause for a moment and read the story about her visit last week to our house:
I knew she was coming and I remembered what she did last year during the month of July when she visited our house (went around the house looking at all the calendars to see if we had marked her birthday on the 26th day).  So I was ready for her visit.  On Tuesday, July 3, 2018, I went to every calendar placed in our home and put a heart drawing on the 26th of each one.  When she came, she made sure she checked every calendar to find out if we were as excited about her upcoming birthday.
I had reminded my DH to mark the one he had in the bedroom  (of course he forgot).  "Sunshine" found that calendar that was not marked and reminded us that the 26th didn't have anything on it.  To get my self out of trouble (lol), I told her that this particular calendar didn't belong to me.  It was her grandpa's special calendar and he was the one who didn't mark her birthday.  She wanted him to get a pen to write her name on the 26th of July...he did and she was happy.

Here is something I made for her special day.  The sentiment will be placed on it before it goes in the mail.
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com


Enabler's List:
cardstock: Neenah white;  Recollections teal and black;
embossing folder: Sizzix 3D botanical
ink: Hero Arts teal
embellishment: bicycle sticker
Technique:  I watched "Creative Uses of Embossing folders,  a video by Jennifer McGuire, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u88xGVBK3rU to make the background for this card.  The ink I used is a color that my granddaughter is so fond of at the moment.  The sticker used the same color and I was happy with the way this turned out.  There are a few missed spots in the ink but I let it stay just the way it came out.

Thanks for viewing.  I've enjoyed your comments on the other birthday cards this week.
Please come again...your appreciation of my projects is very inspirational.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: