Wednesday, March 8, 2017

"A Day Without A Woman"

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Hello visitors, viewers, followers and friends. 
While listening to the news on yesterday, I was surprised to learn that today would be "A Day Without A Woman".  I knew on yesterday that today would be National International Women's Day.  The extra added topic for this day made my mind start wondering and I had a little chuckle to come from my mouth.
Exactly, what would my DH do without me for a day? 
 He would be okay...yes, he will/would. 
He comes from a family of four boys and one girl .  When he  was young, his mother taught all her boys how to take care of themselves just in case they didn't get married or if they ended up separated or divorced.  They were taught how to do the majority of the things a woman would do inside and outside the home.  Their father taught them how to care and provide for the household and basically to be "a man". 
To my readers,   I'm  happily bless to be married to someone who can  just about do everything that I can do except have children and then make sure the outside things and security is a number one priority.  Who can ask for a better partner?
On the other hand, I'm a woman and I support everything that today is all about... Equal rights for women.   I know that most women cannot take the day off from paid and unpaid labor because they may not have a job by the end of the day.  In some areas, we have been underpaid and put down just for being who we are.
While I can sit back today and let my husband have "a day without a woman", I also realize that some of the things he does for me and our household  "rocks my world".


"You Rock My World"...first card

Items used to make the first card
 Cuttlebug "modern wallpaper; Sizzix "Dapper Dan" die; Cosmos Cricket tiny text; Big Shot machine; faux gems and cardstock
"Dear Courage, I've been looking for you"...second card

    
Items used to make second card:
        
 Julie Nutting "Audrey doll"; Cosmo Cricket tiny  text; Cricut "Ornamental Iron 2 cartridge: Prima flowers; cardstock and the Cricut Expression Machine
Big Shot 

Thanks for viewing today...Support The Women !

Come again and don't forget to leave a comment!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: