Monday, March 19, 2018

"A Shadow Box Card with Ken, Tim, Seth And Ryn"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
I'm sure you had a fantastic weekend and did something that was fun_ filled and enjoyable.  I did!
Saturday, Michaels had a 70% off sale and this LilArtsyWoman had a gift card left over from Christmas and a 50% off coupon she downloaded from the internet.  Did I have a fantastic looking basket when I came out of the store?  Yes, I really did.  Now, I have to make room by getting rid of some stuff (as my DH calls it).
I visited https://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com/2018/03/saturday-showcase-shadow-box-card-tutorial.html over the weekend and was so impressed with Autumn's card and wanted to make one.
Using her tutorial...products from Ken Oliver (color burst), Tim Holtz (dies and distress oxide), Seth Apter (embossing powder) and Ryn Tanaka ( stamps), this is what I came up with:

an entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
 Enabler's List:
cardstock: navy blue cardstock from PaperandMore; Ranger watercolor paper; Bristol smooth cardstock
dies: Hunulu Rectangle; Sizzix butterfly; Sizzix pondering words
stamp: Circles by Ryn
inks: Distress Oxide 2018 bundle; Ken Oliver's color burst; Seth Apter's embossing powder
I guess you could say with this shadow box, I went mixed media today.  I so enjoyed making this one and can say,  another is on the way.
BTW, this shadow box card can be collapsed to be place in a flat envelope...that's the great thing about it....it can go through the regular mail.

Thanks for viewing.
I truly enjoy your thoughts so, comments are welcome

Sending you a hug and Love,
Lois

No comments: