Thursday, May 24, 2018

"Brother's Day"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Good Thursday to you on this beautiful May 24, 2018.
I hope you're having a glorious time with whatever you're doing and in whatever your thoughts are.
According to the National Day Calendar, we should be celebrating our brother(s) today.
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/2018/05/23/may-24-2018-brothers-day-red-nose-day-national-wyoming-day-national-scavenger-hunt-day-aviation-maintenance-technician-day-national-escargot-day/.

Here is what the article says:

BROTHER’S DAY

Observed every year on May 24, Brother’s Day honors the brothers in our lives.  Whether we have one or many, our brothers hold a special place in our hearts.  Even if for those who don’t have brothers, someone in their life is usually like a brother to them.  Brothers from other mothers are found in a best friend, a brother-in-law or a cousin.  They are the men in our lives we count on even when we don’t talk very often.  We share memories, challenges that frequently began with the phrase, “What’s this!” soon followed by a few stitches. While minding their own business, they are also prepared to step in when necessary.  That’s what brothers do. Brothers come in many shapes and sizes and so do their relationships.  Whatever yours is, take the time to celebrate your brother on Brother’s Day.
As of Tuesday night, my brother was still alive.  Death knocked on his door yesterday morning.  My feelings are numb at this moment.  (Physically, spiritually, and mentally I'm at a good place at the moment.  Pray that I can remain strong to deal with his upcoming funeral).    There were only two boys in our family and now none. I think what hurts the most is that both brothers died suddenly...no days or months of suffering.  It is as if God said to them, "it's time to come home" and they didn't delay their departure.   I don't and I will not get upset with GOD for what HE did because he has  all power in HIS hand and HE knows what HE is doing and will do.

My advice to you, don't wait for the National Day calendar or any calendar date to celebrate, love and appreciate your love ones.  They are here today and in a blink of an eye, they are gone tomorrow.

The card I'm sharing was one I was working on for Father's Day to put in my box for "Cards For Soldiers".  Because it is in the masculine line, I'm using it for this special share today.
an entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Enabler's List:
Neenah white cardstock; Kaisercraft craft cardstock;  pattern paper from my stash
Spellbinders die; Nuvo gold drops; ephemera from DCWV paper pad; 

Thanks for viewing and have a lovely day.
Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: