Wednesday, November 2, 2022

"Happy November Everyone!

 Hello friends, followers, visitors, and viewers.  Welcome to the month of November.  I've waited ten months for this to happen.  Why?  I'm glad you ask.  November is a happy time of the year for me.  We get to have one of the year's significant "eating" holidays, Thanksgiving.  Also, it is "Movember" for the men in our lives. Movember fundraisers are a global community of fired-up Mo Bros and Mo Sisters – aka rock stars making a difference in mental health and suicide prevention, prostate cancer, and testicular cancer.  I can't continue writing without letting you know that this is the month I get to celebrate another year on the birthday calendar.  I'm looking forward to this one.  The closer I get to the day and if I make it to November 18th, I will tell you why.

As you know, I  continue to craft and share my projects with you.  Here they are for your enjoyment:

We start with my sketch card for Splitcoaststampers for 11/2/2022.  It is SC930 .  
I tried out one of Jennifer McGuire's vellum techniques with this card.  I received some positive feedback from my Instagram followers.  So many liked the outcome.  I hope you do also.
What inspired me to create this card (I had done one in the past using coneflowers), was a request from a lady on Scrapbook.com.  She wanted the name of the dies I had used to create the coneflower card.  Well, with a pleth·o·ra of flora dies, I made this one using a die from  #tatteredlace.

Ephemera, ephemera, ephemera!  Why did I get so interested in buying ephemera packages?  One reason is to reduce buying dies and to have ready-made pictures at my fingertips.  Two, I could easily put two or three pictures from the pack together to make a story for my cardmaking project.  
Using an oldie but goodie.  The sentiment was pulled from Pinterest.
This is today's card using a piece of cardstock from #tatteredlace.  I was gathering my Christmas dies together and noticed that the jingle bells had never been used.  I paired the sentiment with a bike to say this is the way I would be feeling all the way to November 18th.  I'm adding this card to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.

I hope something caught your eye or your mojo and you will create a card or two using what I've used.

Until the next time,

Lois

No comments: