Wednesday, March 29, 2017

"Quilling The Novice Way"

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Hello to All!
It is the middle of the week and I'm doing okay, what about you?
Is your crafting going well?  Have you bought enough supplies during this crafting month.?  If not, you have today through Friday to get those orders in.

Speaking of supplies, I have some that I don't use very often ( you do too).  I was so interested in learning how to quill about two years ago. I purchased a kit from Amazon with the intention of learning to quill properly.   Not really knowing what I was doing, I "twisted" some paper and glued it to a black background and posted it . I received some positive responses on the card I did.  I knew I didn't know what I was doing and I imagine the experts knew also but they were really nice towards me.   I knew then as well as I know now that I would eventually have to take a class or watch a lot of Youtube videos to learn this technique.  I didn't take a class but I have watched some and I'll say it again...some videos to get more of a feel to quilling.  I'm still a novice ...rolling the paper strip with the tool and making teardrops.   I just cannot get all those circles to come out the same size  even with using the quill ruler that came in the kit.  Should I give up?  By no means, NO!  I'm like the "little engine that could"...if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again!

Here is another attempt at quilling (I considered it the novice way):

entry for WordArtWednesday
Challenge #276-277 - Anything Goes

I used Quilled Creations Beginner Quilling Kit, Jolee's Boutique cross, and coordinating papers from my stash to make this card.  Eventually it will be used as a sympathy card or given away for Easter.

Thanks everyone for visiting and leaving a comment.  You know you're always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: