Thursday, March 30, 2017

"Using Gelatos...Pigment Sticks Instead Of Ice Cream"

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Hello visitors, viewers, followers and friends.  We have one more day until...the end of the work week;  the end of March;  the end of Craft Month....are you ready for all of this to end and you start all over again with something new?  In our celebration for today (National Day Calendar), you are in control.  Pencil it in on your planner several times to let yourself know that you are in control.

Gelato
When I first saw this word, it was given to me for a prompt on an embrace your art project.  My thought was to check out Google to find out what this was (I had never heard of it).  The first explanation that was given:

Italian or Italian-style ice cream.  Now, my thought was that this couldn't be what the instructor wanted us to use.  She was an artist and I knew the word had to be something in the art line.  She could not have asked us to do something with ice cream other than relaxing and enjoying it.


I went back to Google and saw that the Company, Faber Cast-ell had these pigment sticks that you could color with.  I waited patiently to buy them at a reduced price ( not a full set) to try.


I still have the same set with just the basic colors.  I pulled it out and started on this project I'm showing you today.  The background on the focal area and the dogwood was basically colored with the gelatos. The little rose colored drops comes from liquid pearls and the little green dots in the middle of the dogwood comes from NUVO crystal drops (gloss woodland green).





Enjoy:

entry for WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com

Challenge #276-277 - Anything Goes

 

from the side to show the layers of the dogwood image

another view from the side

Cam & Chloe Hampton Art dogwood stamp; Gelatos from Faber Castell; green woodland NUVO crystal drop; Rose liquid pearls



 Sending you a hug and LOVE,

Lois


 


No comments: