Monday, October 2, 2017

"Emboss Then Sand"

Good Monday to my friends, visitors, followers and viewers.
Happy second day of October to you.
I'm looking forward to seeing your post depicting Halloween, Breast Cancer Awareness and Fall cards.  I'll be crafting with you, so let's have some October fun!
I picked up some inspiration from another blog using a technique that has been around for quite a while.  You use an embossing folder with cardstock that can be sanded down to the core (giving you another color) and making your image pop.
I had a few pieces of cardstock left from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection core'dinations pad.  I remember buying it years ago for the specific purpose of sanding/ distressing  it for a unique technique.  When newer techniques come on the market,  we tend to forget the old until they are  new again.
I used a blue piece for my card along with  a Spellbinders "Floral Label Four" embossing folder.  I embossed the cardstock and then used a piece of "sanding paper" (from my husband's garage) to reveal the core (another color).  Adding some Nuvo gold glitter drops on certain pieces enhanced the distressed image.  Two pieces of craft cardstock were cut out for the sentiment area.  One piece was embossed using a Cuttlebug "textured script" embossing folder and with the other piece, the center was cut out to make a frame.
The thought of prayer and praying has been the topic of choice lately and I found something  toward that effect in my sentiment bag.  Here is my share for today:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Enabler's List
cardstock: Kaisercraft craft ; Neenah white ;  Recollections dark brown ; blue core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-core
embossing folders: Spellbinders "Floral Label Four; Cuttlebug Textured Script
Ribbon from We R Memory Designer series
Embellishment: NUVO gold glitter crystal drops




As the news is being broadcast this morning about the shooting in Las Vegas, we do need to pray for the families of those who loss their life in this tragedy.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: