Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"Shadow Box Christmas Card?"

Happy Tuesday, October 17, 2017.
I'm very chilly this morning with temps in my area coming in below 50 degrees.  We will warm up to about 65 degrees today.   Yes, summer is really over.  For me, it seems as if we went from summer to winter overnight.  It is time to move some plants inside because of the temps.  It's all over...summer ...not unless I move to a warmer climate for the winter and come back home when it is summer again.
Maybe this is the reason I decided to do another Christmas card this morning.  My body feels as if it is really, really cold outside with snow in the forecast.
(This is a side joke or laugh...DH told me to go outside and stand in the sun for a little while and maybe I'll feel as if it is still summer...  He is a character that needed a good laugh himself this morning).
Here is my share with you. 
I'm admiring shadow box cards.  A craft show that comes on the TV...Create and Craft...has been showing a lot of shadow boxes recently.  I've also researched the ones on Google and Pinterest.  Today, I made an attempt at making one:
and

Enabler's List:
cardstock: Neenah white; Recollections black; Ranger watercolor paper
inks: Distress Oxide broken china; Distress Oxide black soot; Distress Oxide faded jeans
dies: Sizzix woodlands; Cottage Cuts Christmas Winter Night; Echo Park Reindeer Sleigh Die Set
embellishment: Stickles glitter glue
Big Shot machine
foam tape
Nuvo glue

Get those Christmas cards ready.  October is almost over and November will be a blink.
Try making a shadow box card...they aren't that hard to do and they look so 3D.

Thanks for coming and I hope you enjoyed the view from your place today.
Come again and comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: