Friday, March 23, 2018

"What's On My Desk?"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers
It's Friday and you already know this fact. 
We just jump for joy when Friday arrive.  We know that at least for two days we can be off from our job and do some other things whether fun-filled or just relaxing.
Friday is always a busy day for me so whatever is on my desk is used to make a card.  It is my challenge day.  Someone wanted to know if I just put things on my desk during the week to make it easier on Friday to make a card?  The answer...not really.  When I pull out supplies with an idea in mind to make something...sometimes it doesn't work out...so the items stay on the desk.  Sometimes when I die cut something during the week, I may try different colors of cardstock...extra die cuts are left over.
So much for the explaining...if you are reading this...you are getting the message.  Basically, things that I can easily find and put together comes out as a card on Friday.

Take a look at this one:
used for an entry at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
First came the paper that was left on my desk this week.  I cut out a piece for my focal layer and then used the same piece and cut out a portion using a circle die and layered it with some solid cardstock. 
Second, I selected some flowers from my floral box that came close to the colors in the pattern paper.
Third, the die cut was already cut out so I paired the white with the pink and adhered the two pieces together.  
Fourth, I looked through my cardstock and found a solid and a pattern piece to go with the focal pattern paper.
Fifth, I used some Art Glitter glue to adhere everything together on top of the white card base.
The last thing was to find a sentiment to place in the circle.  Since I had not made a card for my bible journal this week...the word "hope" was on a sheet of acetate words left on my desk weeks ago.  Viola`...on to this card it went.

Thanks for viewing and thanks for asking about my planning.  These are things that makes for good inspiration and creativity.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: