Monday, June 4, 2018

"A Bit Of Stamping And Coloring"

Happy Monday, June 4, 2018 to Everyone.
What a great start to another week (hopefully).  It started off a little rocky on yesterday (Sunday) but all is well.
Today, I used a stamp and some Prismacolor pencils to make a card.  I practiced on some black cardstock as well as a patterned piece of paper.  Read that statement again...I practiced....I was practicing...Practice did not make perfect so I'm going to keep trying.  Anyway, I'm sharing my practice pieces:
a share for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

 

I used Simon Says Stamp "Beautiful Flowers" stamp along with Versa Mark ink and embossing powder (white and silver).  Out of the Prisma colors I picked reds, pink and greens to color the flowers.
I wasn't very happy with any of the results but I did turn one into a card and added a sentiment.  The other two practice pieces will be filed for a later date.
I like this stamp very much due to the flowers and I intend to use it again with distress inks or my water colors since I don't have Copic pens.  I've seen some awesome cards using this stamp where the colors were vibrant and the flowers looked so real.
As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.  I just have to keep at it.

Thanks for looking.
Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: