Friday, June 22, 2018

"It's Friday And You Know What That Means"

Hello followers, visitors, friends and viewers.
It's Friday and most of you all know what challenge I do on Fridays.  If you don't, here is a reminder.  What's left on my desk gets created into a card on Friday.  I've been very organized and didn't have that much left this week so it really was a challenge.  What I could find was pieces of cardstock from a paper pad I was using earlier this week and  some faux gems left over from when my granddaughter came to visit.
Let me tell you the reason the faux gems were on my desk.
Grandmothers or I shall say this grandmother did something that  she knew she would not have done with her children...I painted my "Sunshine's nails with some "smoke silver" looking nail polish.  She asked me if I had some glitter or stickers small enough to put on her nails.  I didn't have any.  She started looking through a basket that I keep glue and pens and other stuff like gems in it.  Since the gems were small, she had an "ah ha" moment.  This grandmother used about four gems to put on four of her painted fingernails.  I didn't use any glue  so whatever glue dot was on the back of the gem was all we used to adhere the gems to her nails. I expressed to her that they would soon come off.  Just for a few moments of pleasure was all she wanted.  The little package was left on the desk until this morning.  I had a laughable moment when I realized the reason they were there and what I had used them for.
So, here is the card I made with mostly the left over cardstock and the gems.  I remembered that I had not made my weekly bible journaling card so I did have to pull out a sentiment to connect all of this together.
Enjoy:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Enabler's Information:
I used the Kanban's Vintage Glamour paper pad that was left over from other creations this week.  I cut out a panel and used a Spellbinders die on the edge of the pattern as well as the solid piece.  These two were off set before placing them on top of another solid piece.  I fussy cut some of the flowers and leaves from the left over piece for decoupaging.  After layering those pieces on top of one another, I used the gems to represent the stamens.  I had some butterflies also from a project this week so I glued three die cuts together to make three sets.  They were adhere to the panel.  I knew I had not completed my bible journaling card for the week so I decided to make this project into my submission.  I pull out a bible journaling stamp and stamped the sentiment "Pray without Ceasing" onto the card using Distress ink... ripe persimmon.  Three more faux pearls were added beside the sentiment.

Thanks for viewing with me today.  Have a lovely fun time this weekend.  Please come again and thank you so much for the comments you have made.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: