Monday, September 17, 2018

"Altered Thread Spools"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
We are safe and secured for the moment.  It seems that the direction Hurricane Florence took on Friday, along with answered prayers, we manage to be safe from the storm.  Yes, rain has been falling for the last couple of  days and the same for today but we are not in a flood zone and the electricity has not gone out.  It doesn't mean that someone may slide into a pole with the rain coming down so hard at times.  People don't seem to respect the danger of driving slow during a heavy downpour.
Our weekend was a little dreary but we still managed to venture out in the surrounding area.  Anyway I needed some crafting supplies (not really...I know I have more than I can use in a day...lol).
I did buy two bundles of crochet thread to alter.  These projects will be added to the things I'm making for when my daughter goes to a craft fair in November.  The store I went to didn't have a large supply of colors so I will have to order at least three more to put in her box.
Take a look at the projects I made:



Enabler's List:
Red Heart Classic Crochet Thread size 10 in Peacock and in victory red
Lace 
Wild Orchid flowers and Prima flowers

The idea behind these altered thread spools is gifting someone who crochet and they  can use all the other items (lace, flowers, and buttons) for embellishment on other projects if they cannot incorporate them in their crocheting project.

Thanks for viewing.  Please come again.  I enjoy knowing that you visited this blog.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois




No comments: