Tuesday, September 11, 2018

"Honey Bee Coffee Cup Shaker Card"

Hello to all you beautiful people.
What's it like for you on this Tuesday?  Are you relaxing?  Are you working a nine to five?  Are you crafting?  Are you preparing for a hurricane?  We are...
I'm surprised that my DH mentioned that we needed to make preparation today for what could be a disaster by Friday.  He wanted to go get food that can be eaten without the use of electricity and to fill up the gas can for fuel to put in the generator just in case our electricity goes out.
We went shopping and the store was full of other individuals with the same intention.  Most of the shelves were empty and we called ourselves getting out early this morning.  I believe people started stocking up on yesterday (Monday).
Before venturing out, we did pause along with others to commemorate today and what happened seventeen years ago (2001) on 9/11...where we were and what we were doing at that time.

For today's share, I used  a Honey Bee coffee cup die and made a shaker card.
I used a sheet of cardstock from the Prima Santa Baby paper pad, a piece of cardstock from Recollections Honeydew paper pad, and Tonic Studio Pink Chiffon cardstock.
I added some razzle dazzle to my project by adding some sequins from Craft Medley (Princess) and German Glass Glitter Shards (Primrose).  The sleeve on the cup can slide off to reveal the coffee card.  Inside, one will be able to place a gift card or a note.

Here, take a look:

 The top photo has the sleeve and the bottom photo is with the sleeve pulled down.
This was a fun little project to complete and this is just one of many I will be doing for my daughter's craft fair in November.

Thanks for viewing and for commenting on my previous projects.  

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: