Wednesday, November 28, 2018

"Criticism Or Critique"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Welcome to Wednesday and another cold, breezy day.  Bundle up people if you live on the east side of the USA.  The Floridians are still somewhat warmer than those of us who live south of this state especially in VA and  New York.

My question for you to ponder today:  Are you criticized or critique?
Now that the question has been put to your conscience, think in terms of something you have done or said.  Do you get criticized ( indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way) for what  you did or said?    Do you get critiqued (a detailed evaluation of something) for what you did or said?   I'm going to use my handmade cards to give you first, an example of criticizing and second, an example of critiqued:
Person Criticizing:  "Who wants to buy or receive something that is made at someone's house...I'd rather buy my cards from a store".  "Did you see the look on her face when I said I don't buy homemade items"?
Person Critiquing: "You have made a beautiful card but the next time you make one like this,  see if you can do something better with the glitter.  It was flaking off on my  hands and I didn't want my child to get it all over herself.  I like things that are homemade".

In my opinion and it is my opinion, a criticizer is someone who will be negative about anything and everything you say or do.  Their bullying will always hurt because they will never find something nice to say.  On the other hand,  critiquing is not always negative.  The person is helpful in helping you to make it better whatever you did or said.

These two cards are for your viewing today.  You may criticize or you may critique.  I'm wearing my "big girl panties" (ha, ha, ha) so I'm open for either:

This card was made using Splitcoast sketch #725
Enabler's List:
cardstock: Neenah white;  Recollections black;  Bazzill red
image from Hunkydory The Little Book Of A Very Merry Christmas (decoupaged)
Couture Creations fine glitter and DecoArt Snow Writer;  Black Soot distress ink
sentiment is computer generated
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com


Enabler's List
cardstock: Neenah white;  Bazzill red;  Recollections green;  DP from My Mind's Eye Comfort and Joy paper pad
die: Heartfelt Creations;  Nellie Snellen star
embellishments:  Clear Scrap oval;  Martha Stewart doily;  Wild Orchid and Recollections flowers;

Thanks so much for visiting with me today.  Please come again.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: