Friday, January 11, 2019

"Always Be Joyful"

Hello beautiful people.
We made it the second Friday in the 2019 year.   I'm looking forward to a great relaxing weekend.  If I can, I'll craft a little.  I told my granddaughter that I was going to get back to scrapbooking her life's  journey.  I did a scrapbook that covered every month from her birth to her 1st birthday and I've been hoarding pictures of her since then.  I'm ready to get started again.

It appeared that I got into fancy fold cards this week.  I've made another one today.  This time I included some helpful information if you would like to do one like this one:

The steps:
  • Cut a piece of cardstock 11 1/2" by 5 1/2" for your card base.  Score it @ 5 1/2"
  • Cut four pieces out of black cardstock for your layers (front, back and inside)..5 5/8" by 5 3/8" and adhere these pieces to the card base on the front, back and inside. 
  • Cut four pieces of design paper (front, back and inside)…5 4/8" by 5 2/8" adhere to black cardstock.
  • Cut one piece of black 11" by 1 1/2".  Score this piece at 2 3/4",  5 1/2", and at 8 1/4".  This piece will be adhered to the inside only on the left and right of your card.  Do not glue down the middle.  Make sure the 5 1/2 score line lines up with the card base at 5 1/2

  • Cut four pieces to use on the 11 inch strip in whatever color you desire...2 1/4" by 3" ( I used squares.  You could use circle or any other shape of your choosing)
  • Cut four pieces to use inside the squares (or other shapes)...1 7/8" by 2 1/2"
  • Choose four images for the squares.
  • Decorate the front however you choose and add a sentiment.
I was very happy to make another fancy fold card and to share the pieces with you.

Have a grand weekend and please come again.  You may join me over at http://www.LilArtsyWoman.com.  I'm only here until I can get you to join me over there. 

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: