Monday, April 22, 2019

"Thankful"

Happy Easter Monday and Earth Day to all the beautiful people.
You deserve a card today (smile).  My inspiration comes from "inside joy", the kind that you feel in your heart.  I'm thankful for sharing and participating in  making others happy in the last couple of days.  Now, the card is made and I feel good about it.  I cannot send it to myself so it will be shared again with someone else.
God is so good!  I'm thankful!
On Friday evening my husband and I ventured out  to a church service in the storm that was developing in the atmosphere.  Just before leaving home, the weather report was issuing a tornado watch for a town near our location.  As the service started, the lights flickered several times and initially went out for the duration of the program.  Most people were using the light on their phones to see.  We left and came home to lights and the evidence of heavy rain while we were gone.
On Saturday, my husband went to the area where the tornado had been forecast the night before.  There was evidence of trees twisted and  broken  but no damage to homes.  The report given on the evening news affirmed that a tornado had hit that area.
We were in the middle of a storm that was happening  five miles before and five miles behind  the church we attended on Friday night and the most we can say is that the lights went out.  There was no evidence of strong winds, heavy rain, lightning or thunder while we sat in church.
What an amazing God we serve. I'm thankful!
He didn't allow any damage to come into the area we were in.
On Sunday, everyone who had attended that service talked about how good/great the service was.  I commented and said, "It was what the LORD wanted.  He wanted us to sit in quiet to hear from HIM through the mouths of the people who spoke.  Man can't plan for something like that to happen again because it will not be the same".
I'm thankful for God's grace and mercy!

Here is the card I'm sharing:
and 
Enabler's List: 
Cardstock: PaperandMore blue;  Recollections black;  DP from Stamperia Garden collection
die: Tattered Lace 3D Fresco Floral Orchid
embellishments: Jot butterfly stickers; Craft Medley sequins;  Tim Holtz big chat word

I'm thankful for the joy in seeing and reading your comments and for your continued support.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois



1 comment:

Treva said...

Another beautiful card, like that die and the colors that you used! Hope you and your family had a blessed Easter.