Tuesday, April 23, 2019

"Changing Colors"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Let's be thankful that it is Tuesday, April 23, 2019.  What better place to be than to find ourselves still doing good here on this green Earth.
If you really follow me closely, you will see that there are certain colors I stay away from in my crafting.  Some are purple, green and orange.  Definitely orange!  Most of the time I only use orange during the fall and probably to do a Halloween card.  I've never really been a fan of orange and I had stayed away from purchasing clothes with that color.  However, about two years ago, I did buy a jacket and skirt that matched even though they were separates and did not sale as a suit.  The background color was orange with some white and black added in.  This is an outfit that can be worn in the spring as well as the summer.  Each time I put that jacket and skirt on and venture out in the public eye, I get a lot of compliments about how good I look in those colors.  Well since that was my choice for this past Sunday service, I decided to pull out some orange colors to make a card.  Not only did I make one but ended up with two just for the heck of it.
Take a look at my changing of colors for card making:
and
 This was the first one I did.  I put some other colors in with the orange.
I simply used some cardstock that I had in my cabinet/stash.  The flowers are a combination of Tim Holtz wild flowers and Prima.  The background die cut is from Heartfelt Creation and the bottom die cut is from Our Daily Bread Design (ODBD) which is now called Divinity Design.
This is the second card which didn't start out as one with orange but that is what happen to the final outcome when I chose the flowers.  This one has Distress inks with water spritz.  The vellum white pieces came from Art-C and the flowers from Recollections.  The words came from Tim Holtz "big chat" paper pad.

What color or colors do you dislike?  Maybe if you add it or them in with your favorite colors, they will blend and make a beautiful visual image.  Try it.  You may find that the outcome is better than what you think it will be.  You can see I gave it a try.  Orange just may become my new blue or red or pink.

Thanks for viewing.
Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such beautiful cards - hope you had a great Easter!!!

Treva said...

Great color commentary and more nice cards!