Thursday, April 25, 2019

"The Shadow Box Craze...#2"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It is thankful Thursday!  What are you thankful for at this moment?
I'm thankful for God's gift and the power of His presence in my life.  Without him, I am nothing.
I'm thankful to my friend Treva for giving me the announcement of a teacher from Virginia, especially Richmond VA who was selected as National Teacher Of The Year.  Read this again...National...not school teacher of the year...not state teacher of the year...but NATIONAL.  That's extraordinary and an honor  to someone who makes a difference in someone's life.  Thanks again, Treva.
Yesterday I made a shadow box card and told you I was working on some other colors.  I'm sharing another one today...the pink one.  I am also going to be honest with you...when SCS sent me the sketch for their Wednesday's Challenge, I immediately looked at that pink shadow box and started planning.  The first picture is what I sent to them on yesterday afternoon and the second one is when I added some more details this morning.  Graduation is approaching and I know of  young people who will be coming out of college and high school...I'm getting ready for one or the other with this card.
If you couldn't find Mixed Up Craft on YouTube, then, here is the link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccpdFQ3sBFY

My share for your viewing:
 

This is the first one I did.  It is my interpretation of the sketch SC746 for Splitcoaststampers.

and

Here is the same card with other elements added this morning.

Enabler's List:
Cardstock: light pink Recollections; DP from Prima Georgia Blues and 49 & Market Cottage Life
stamp: Bo Bunny Stitches stamp with black archival ink
die: Tim Holtz funky floral
embellishments: Recollections wooden pieces (frames, clock, dream, star and moon); piece of lace; Tim Holtz big chat words (time to)

I'm thankful for all of you who come, read, follow and comment on my creations.  You are some wonderful, appreciated people and I love you for that.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great Shadow box cards, Lois, both of them, love them. Love all the extra touches you’ve added, esp the wooden clock pieces, and great idea to be ready for graduation...

Congrats on teacher of year award, not really sure if you mean you are or Treva or someone else, think my brain is dead.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}