Monday, January 13, 2020

"Be An Encourager"

Happy Monday, January 13, 2020. 
Hoping your weekend was a productive, enjoyable one.  You either had time to pamper yourself or you accomplish something that you had all intentions of completing.
I was in all day Saturday trying to accomplish a task in my crafting space.  Paper, old paper, really need  to be thrown away (the trash truck cometh tomorrow...I'm getting ready).
This morning, the word I am focusing on is "encouragement".  Or, more specific "encourager".
Are you an "ENCOURAGER"?  Do you send "ENCOURAGEMENT" cards to family and friends?
What prompts the action of encouragement that makes you an encourager?
Dr. Charles Stanley stated that "encouragement is not a luxury, it’s a necessity".  Agree or disagree?
It’s not hard to be an encourager.  It’s a rough world out there, and we simply cannot afford not to encourage one another. 
Some ways to encourage others with our speech:  Give a sincere compliment. Speak the truth with love. Agree when appropriate. Pass on helpful information. Encourage with Scripture and pray for them. Correct them when it’s appropriate. Let them know you love them. Comfort and assure them when they need it. Say thank you.
Some ways to encourage others with our actions:  Offer a smile or give a gift. Don’t interrupt but listen quietly. Hug them. Forgive them. Serve them. Point out their accomplishments and reward them. Be honest and patient. Accept them as they are. Point them in the right direction. Motivate them to be and do their best.

My share for today and what I posted on Instagram on Friday:
Encourage Someone Today:
cardstock: Neenah white; brown Bazzill; pattern paper from my stash
die cuts from my stash (remember, I'm cleaning and throwing away items)
I picked out a sentiment from "me & my BIG ideas" sticker book
I will enter this card over at https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com


On Friday, January 10th, my daughter, Veronica (Roni, Miss Vee) celebrated her birthday along with  a great crafting buddy, Treva.  I posted these on Instagram so that some of my daughter's friends could send her a message. 


Thanks for viewing today.  There are times when I need encouragement also.  Your comments help to keep me going.  Love hearing from you and knowing that you have read my post.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

1 comment:

Treva said...

Awww, thank you so much for mentioning my birthday and Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Another great commentary and beautiful cards. I am always trying to encourage others and myself at times. I have decided to be more intentional about sharing my cards this year.

Take care and have a blessed week.