Friday, March 27, 2020

"Crafting To Stay Busy"

Hello, hello, hello my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
This is Lois here on this Friday, March 27, 2020.  The year is moving right along with or without our input.  Some things have come to a complete stop while others are adjusting the schedule. 
Even when I don't shop as often as others...I feel a need to just get out of the house to go windowing shopping.  I can't even do that due to the mall is shut down.  I feel a need to sit in a restaurant and eat a meal that I didn't cook.  I can't do that.  I can pick up the food and bring it home but I can't observe others as they chat and chew.  Am I really upset?  By no means necessary I am not.  It times like these, you learn to be creative.  I've rearrange my closet so that clothes that were in the back came forward.  It appears as if I went shopping to buy new items.  I've never experience with recipes as often as others but I'm trying new entrees.  DH doesn't seem to mind the change.  Some things on the menu will continue and others will be dropped...not due to his dislike but my palate wasn't impressed (lol).
Hey guys, I've been making cards. That's been my norm.  But  I've also pulled out scrap-booking paper to get those pictures from two trips put into a scrapbook (still a work in progress). Today, I'll share the cards and the scrapbook pages at a later date.  What are you all doing to stay busy?


 I was sent this bunny die  from the Funkie Junkie.  I decided to use them to make two cards just for fun and for my "soldier box".  The top card is for my granddaughter (she doesn't believe in the "Easter Bunny" any more, however, I'll put a gift card in the inside so she can shop for jewelry.

an entry for https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
 I did order some decoupage paper from Etsy.  I have mini albums to decorate but the paper wasn't the thickness I was hoping for.  It made a good card to give away.
 This card was made with Mintay 7th Heaven paper.  I didn't do anything special due to the image that was already printed on the paper.  I added a sentiment that was printed on vellum paper.
This was my mixed media panel that I played with on yesterday.  I used some gold expanding mousse and water color paint.  Once these dried, I stamp the flower and dragonflies in the middle.  I also added another printed vellum sentiment. 

As you can see, I've been crafting to stay busy.  We've been encouraged to stay at home and that is what I'm doing.  Our health, mental status and spiritual well being is fantastic at this time.  With prayer and God's help, it will stay this way.

Take care my friends.
Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

1 comment:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards as always!!!