Wednesday, April 1, 2020

"Checking In, No Joke"

Happy Wednesday to all the beautiful people.
Coming to my blog to check in on you to see how are you doing?
Is everything and everyone doing okay?  It's a terrible time to have allergy problems.  When the symptoms act up, you don't know if it is your allergies or if it is the coronavirus.  Thank God for me, it's just my allergies. 
A church member's sister died last Friday and it is so sad that due to this virus no one but immediate family members can attend the funeral.  Another sad moment is that it cannot be a church funeral.  It can only be a graveside service.  Just about everything is closed down or you are limited to how many people can enter businesses that are still open. 
I've been taking some time to throw away a lot of paper pieces out of my craft space.  I'm hoping that by this time next week, my space will really look a lot better.  (There has been a lot of hoarding going on and I need to decrease so that in the future I can increase).
Here are some projects I have been working on this week:
 I played with stencils and distress oxides with this one.  Some die cuts and a Jolee's boutique bird helped me to finish this card.
 A card inspired by the colors in one of my bathrooms.  The towels have a brown background with blue flowers to match a bath mat.  I had some brown iridescent cardstock along with some "baby blue" cardstock in which I commended together to simulate that look.  While cleaning and moving around some items, this butterfly (which matched my colors) fell from between some cardstock.  How wonderful!
I am going to enter this over at https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Just taking some cardstock pieces and blending them together.  I stamped the word "HELLO" and added a butterfly to complete the look of this card.

Keep safe and keep your distance everyone.  We are all in this situation together. 

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

2 comments:

Treva said...

Lois, more nice cards; thanks for sharing..

Beebeebabs said...

Such beautiful cards as always...stay safe my friend!!!