Wednesday, April 15, 2020

"The Calm Of The Water"

Good Wednesday, April 15, 2020 to all the beautiful people.
What or where makes you have a relaxing feeling?   Some people do breathing exercises to calm them down.  Some people watch a movie for relaxation.  Some people shop.  Some people will people watch.  Some people will  aimlessly immerse themselves in the natural world around them  (walk).  When was the last time you got up early to watch the sunrise, or ventured to the nearest hilltop to watch it set?  Leave your electronics behind and listen to the melodies nature has to offer: babbling brooks, bird songs, wind whistling through the trees and the scurrying of unseen animals through the canopy.
My mind was really focusing on the water this morning...visualizing the beach;  a fishing pond;  the ocean.   I pulled out paper and cardstock to help me relax even if I cannot physically be near the water.  I thought about what it will be like when we start a "new normal" and a new way of living when all this is over.
This is my card for https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ sketch SC797
cardstock: Neenah white; Colobox green; Ciao Bella "The Sound of Summer"; Stamperia "Sea Land"


 I wanted to make this card into a birthday card for someone but changed directions with the sentiment.  Here, I've used Neenah white cardstock; Recollections light blue cardstock; 49 and Market Seaside Shipwreck paper pad to make this card.  Embellishments came from 49 and Market Ethereal Layered Embellishment Set.
This will be an entry for https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
This was a card made on Tuesday that I submitted to Instagram.  I used Tim Holtz worn wallpaper; 49 and market ethereal layered embellishment set; die cut heart gifted to me; butterfly from Jots and the sentiment from Cosmo Cricket tiny text.

I feel as if I've been to the beach and now I'll go do something different.
Enjoy the rest of your day and relax even if you can't do anything else.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

1 comment:

Beebeebabs said...

Another set of beautiful cards tfs!!!