Wednesday, April 8, 2020

"Wednesday's Share"

Happy Wednesday, April 8, 2020 everyone.
I hope you're staying safe and secure.  If you're thinking along the lines of "let's deal with this and stop making comments every ten minutes, then, we will remain positive and be okay.
Is there any positive, uplifting topics we can discuss other than this pandemic?  I'm crafting, cooking, cleaning and reading.  By the time I get done with these things, my day is over.  I don't have time to dwell on this worldly virus.  I'm thankful that so far we are not experiencing any symptoms.  We are staying at home and being protected (face mask and gloves) when we have to go out.  My DH is even wearing his protective gear while working out in the yard. 
Here are my card craft shares for today:
 This card was done on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 and posted to my Instagram account.  I added some pearlescent chalk on a piece of white cardstock before stamping and coloring the image.  A piece of lace was added to enhance the checkered cardstock. I thought the checkered cardstock would make a good background for the "farm fresh" jar.
 Using items that I always neglect to use...stamps...I pulled out a stamp set that came on the back of a magazine (Craft Beautiful)s to design the focal images for this card.  I used Metallic color pens to color each image.  The addition of Nuvo (gold) drops highlighted the flowers and faux pearls were added to the other images.
This will be my entry for https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

SC796
Splitcoaststampers.com
It's Wednesday and I always look forward to the sketch provided by Splitcoaststampers.com
Today's SC796 sketch was a little daunting.  As simple as circles are to cut out, I still struggle with should I put something in them or leave them blank.  I wanted them to be cohesive.
I previously played around with Distress Oxide inks so I cut circles from three different pieces of watercolor paper.  I added  wooden branches and flowers from Kaisercraft wooden flourish pack.  They were colored with the metallic pens.  The sentiment was taken from a Cosmo Cricket tiny text pad.  For added dimension, white faux pearls were added in the middle of each flower.

Thanks for viewing and previously commenting on my projects.  Your support is awesome.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois


2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work as always!!!

Treva said...

More great card shares and words of wisdom. Best wishes for continued safety and good health for you and your family And prayers for our nation and beyond.