Friday, June 12, 2020

"A Lovely Letter"

Happy Friday, June 12, 2020 everyone.
We are headed toward the weekend of wonder.  Will we venture out or stay in?  Will we relax or continue to organize around the home?  Will we cook in or pick up an order?   We will be quiet or shout to be heard?

There have been so many sharing their views on where do we go from here due to the unrest in the world.  Many are searching deep within to see if they abhor racism or accept it.  Many are just fed up with being fed up with everything that is going on: pandemic, racism, police brutality, protesting, peaceful marching, etc.    Here is a letter I received and I want to share it with others:


Hello friends!

I've gone back and forth in my mind and in my prayers about whether to/how to respond to the current events and division in our country. Perhaps you aren't up for a heart to heart right now and I totally get that, so please feel free to keep scrolling to the pretties below if that's what you prefer to see.

If you're still here, just know that I'm not even sure if I'll be able to articulate all that is on my heart, so please bear with me. This may be a rambling mess of thoughts, but hopefully something I say will encourage you.

I've experienced many feelings lately as no doubt you have also: sadness, weariness, despair, confusion, anger, frustration, longing, hurt...and the list goes on.

The division among our people whether it be concerning politics, the pandemic or racism literally breaks my heart. The emotions are heavy. In fact, they have weighed on me so heavily lately that I have been in quite a funk...mentally, spiritually, physically, creatively and otherwise.

So now that I have recognized what I'm feeling...I am going to FOCUS on what I know and what I KNOW is that my HOPE is in Jesus ALONE...despite my feelings, despite the climate of division in our country...I KNOW my hope is in Jesus.

I cannot hope in government, society or even the church to fix the mess we're in. I can only hope in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is the only one with the power to make change...LASTING change...in the hearts of the people He died for.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I should be silent. That doesn't mean I should JUST pray. It also means I need to put that hope I have in the Lord into PRACTICE in my daily living by praying and thinking BEFORE I speak, before I comment on that post, before I hit the share button, before I point fingers. And then I need to SHOW His love to others. I need to SHARE His love with others and I need to POINT others to Him as best I can.

Will I get it right all the time? Definitely not.
Will I say the wrong thing now and then? I will.
Will I DO the wrong thing now and then? Yep.

But by God's grace and through repentance I will grow and learn how to better love, better listen and better live in a way that glorifies Him.

This world is hurting. But Jesus is the answer. He is the ONLY one/thing that can bring unity and peace, so if you call yourself a Christian, don't forget Who you represent. May God help us to guard our mouths (and our posts), speak light and love to all, embrace the beautiful differences HE created in us and see others (ALL others) as HE sees them....precious souls, created in His image who are loved more deeply by Him than anyone else could ever love them...so much so that He sent His son to give up His life for them.

There is so much more that I could say, but I have already taken up much of this email so I will close my note by sharing a few verses that have been on my heart...

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

"So he answered and said, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ” Luke 10:27

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy." James 3:17

"I charge you before God and the Lord Jesus Christ and the elect angels that you observe these things without prejudice, doing nothing with partiality." 1 Timothy 5:21

With sincere love and prayers on your behalf,
Korin

Let's appreciate the neutrality presented and think on this.
My card shares:
an entry for https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com


Thank you and have a blessed day.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: