Friday, August 7, 2020

"Have You Ever Gotten Into "Good Trouble"?

 Hello on this Friday, August 7, 2020.

My friends, followers, family and viewers, here is the question for today:  Have you ever gotten yourself into "good trouble"?

In remembering Congressman John Lewis, : GOOD TROUBLE chronicles Lewis' 60-plus years of social activism and legislative action on civil rights, voting rights, gun control, health-care reform and immigration. 

'Get in good trouble, necessary trouble': Rep. John Lewis in his own words.  "Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year, it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble."– A tweet from June 2018

“When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something. Our children and their children will ask us, ‘What did you do? What did you say?’ For some, this vote may be hard. But we have a mission and a mandate to be on the right side of history.”

As a crafter, I've always noticed that images published by different companies did not portray the array of different nationalities.  Being an African American, I never saw enough images that showed my skin color or the color of other ethnic groups.  White Americans have always been depicted.  With the current change going on in this nation, I wrote to two companies to let them know I like their products but why was there a disparity in the portrayal of other people of color.  I decided that if I didn't get a response, then, I would stop supporting them until change did come.  It has been a month.  Only one of those two companies have reached back out to me.  The one that did only said they would present my inquiry to the president.  I still haven't heard anymore from this company.  My "good trouble" will be not ordering from you/them again.  I'm looking for companies that promote my color and the color of other ethnic groups.

What you've missed from Instagram:

Paper from Stamperia

Using an embossing folder and pearlescent  chalks

Using paper from Prima and Stamperia.  A Little Birdie flower cluster along with liquid pearl paint was also used to highlight this card.


Most of you know my feel for Friday by now.  Whatever is left on my desk by Friday is combined to make whatever kind of card for your viewing.  I used to call it "What's In My Stash".  I may change to call it "A lazy Friday Put Together".  Anyway, this will be added to the list on https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Thanks my dear friends for viewing and commenting.  Enjoy your day and have a blessed weekend.

Sending you a hug and love,

Lois

1 comment:

Treva said...

Lois,
Great commentary on good trouble and tribute to the late John Lewis. Kudos to you for taking a stand when it comes to spending your crafting dollars; please keep us updated on any further communication. More nice cards, like the flower clusters and sentiments.