Tuesday, September 8, 2020

"Just Be You"

 Hello to all the lovely people on this Tuesday, September 8, 2020.

Summer is officially over because we celebrated Labor Day on yesterday.  The temps may still be high but usually this is the kick off for back to school (some have had classes for the last three weeks), football season and the approach of fall.  You can tell those signs of fall when the grass start turning green, when it is still dark at six o'clock in the morning, and when the weather is a little crisp in the early morning.  I know some of my friends are just entering the summer time in their area and some have seen snow.  We are anticipating the fall as well as the winter months.  The question is, will either season put an end to this pandemic or will it get worse than what it is now?

Have you ever been told to "Just Be You" and stop acting liking someone else?  Just think about that for the moment.  Some of us try to imitate and/or duplicate actors, actress, athletes, teachers and our peers.  If we could stop trying to look and act like others, I believe we would be better people.   Just be you and make a better you rather than you trying to be Kim or a Tom or a Lebron or a Felicia.

Here are cards that I've made since the last time I wrote a commentary:

I am constantly organizing and cleaning my craft space, cabinets and containers.  I came across a paper pack that consisted of these gold embossed sheets.  They are good for crafting but to try to get a beautiful photo of this paper is not happening at least not with my camera.
I hadn't used water color cardstock with distress inks in quite a while.  I decided to pull those items out to play with last week.  Using feathers just for the fun of it was another idea especially using them to match the sentiment.
More of that beautiful gold paper from Tonic Studio.
More distressing with ink and stencil for a fun project.
On yesterday (9-7-2020) a lady from my church was celebrating her 66th birthday.  It was easier to make a card for her than to buy one from the store.
Here is today's project.  I used Recollections "wood planks" paper; kraft cardstock; corrugated paper; a Sizzix die; Prima flowers and Bits ephemera.
This card will be added to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day my friends.

Sending you a hug and love,

Lois

No comments: