Monday, April 26, 2021

"April Is Going Away"

 Hello friends, family, followers and viewers.   It's April 26, 2021 with only four more days left in this month.  What have you accomplished this month or this year?  With the pandemic in full bloom last year the time was in slow motion.  As soon as states were allowed to open more and more, the time seems to get back to fast movement.  This entire month has been a blur.  It was not due to going and comings...well almost...but it seems that the time changed and everything went ZOOM!, ZOOM!, ZOOM!

Today, once again, I'm organizing and cleaning out my crafting space.  I've thrown away everything and anything that I've had for over ten years.  The more I craft and give away cards to "Cards For Soldiers" and "Cards For Kindness", I've come to the conclusion that very thin paper and cardstock do not make a very good impression on your crafting.  Out goes those items ( I purchased these when I first got into crafting not knowing).

Here are some of the goodies I made from the last time I posted for your view:

The title of the card is #BE...inside it is finished with "whatever your heart desire".  I use one of TH funky insect die; a honeycomb embossing folder; homemade flowers (using an Aliexpress die); TH shadow uppercase die (alphanumeric)
This card was made from scraps while cleaning and organizing.  I had ordered some paper from Create and Craft (Hunkydory) about three years ago to do cards for children.  I took pieces from that set and paired it with cardstock from another paper pad and left over flowers from a project to make this birthday card.
The inspiration for this card came from a pendant on Pinterest.  Again, no new cardstock was used.  Before being trashed, I cut out a piece of old paper I had purchased from Michaels and added some flower stickers to the front of an embossed piece of white cardstock.  
I ended the week last Friday with a fancy card.  I intended it to be for #Mothersday.  The frame came from Close To My Heart die cut chipboard.  I covered it with some cardstock.  The leaves were cut using a TH die.  I had a few gems on my work space that matched the colors I was using.  The paper is from Prima.  This card will be added to #wordartwednesday.   https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com 
This one was done today, April 26, 2021.  More paperpads found while cleaning and organizing.  This one came from The Little Book of floral wishes from Hunkydory.  I used three sheets of the same image and cut out the flowers to use for decoupage.  

Thanks for your viewing and time.  I hope something seen will give you inspiration to create.

Love you much,

Lois
 

3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

You amaze me, Lois. You rarely ever just make and post ONE card....you do it up BIG and post the most lovely array of cards all at once. I don't know how you do it, but these sure are pretty. thanks so much for linking up with us at Word Art Wednesday. You are such a BIG blessing to our challenge blog, and I thank God for you. I love seeing your wonderful creativity, and just having your presence around us is a gift. I do pray that you're doing well. Take care and have a wonderful week.
God is good ALL the time.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Beebeebabs said...

Such beautiful cards as always - thanks for sharing!!!

Treva said...

More beautiful cards, love the different flowers!