Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Christmas In July...I'm Late

 Hello, hello, hello to all my crafty friends, followers, visitors, and viewers.   Have you started your Christmas in July projects?  It could be a card, a wreath, a pocket envelope, 25 gift boxes, etc.  I haven't as of today, July 7, 2021.  That means I'm already 7 days behind.  When will or will I start in July?  I very much want to participate in Christmas in July regardless of all the other things I have to do.  I am going to make an effort to pull out my Christmas dies and stamps and attempt to start not today but tomorrow.  If my supplies are in my craft area, then, I can make a start.  Join me in this adventure.  I still have planners to finish,  bracelets to make, as well as clay projects.  Will I get them done?  Yes, I will.  They will not be finished in July but they will be completed before Christmas in December.

Here are my most recent projects:

"With Love" collage using Tim Holtz dies (man and clock) and other bits and pieces.

"Thinking of You" using torn paper and an Inkadinkado stamp.

This is tag time with the gnomes. You know "There's Gnomebody Like You".
I started with light blue paper and use modeling paste and a stencil to highlight the background.  I added bits of washi tape in certain areas before die cutting and coloring my images.  This was such a fun little project to complete.

"Live Everyday To The Fullest".  This has been my motto since last year when we lived in and through the pandemic.  Each day is a blessing and one never knows when God will call us from this side of the universe.  Many people have transitioned from this side including my oldest sister.  Her death was caused by another driver running into the car she was riding in.  Live each day as if it is your last one.
I'm entering this card over on this website:  https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

My Wednesday sketch challenge from Splitcoaststampers SC861.
I used paper from Simple Stories 6 x 8 paper pad called "Sunkissed".  



I hope you've seen something to inspire you to craft today.  If all goes well, then the next post will have projects geared toward "Christmas In July". Come back for the show.

Love you,
Lois


1 comment:

Karen Letchworth said...

You're so creative, Lois. I'm always amazed at all the pretty cards you make at once. I'm blown away every time. Lovely art, and I'm SO blessed to have you share it in our challenges.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday