Wednesday, January 26, 2022

"The Ball Is In Your Court"

 Happy Hump Day (January 26, 2022) to all my followers and viewers.  I'm back with another post on this cold Wednesday ( in my part of the world).  My weather predictor is saying we will get more snow late Friday into Saturday.  Snow, at this time, doesn't bother me because I'm retired and basically don't travel daily like I was accustomed to doing when I worked.  It's pretty peering out the window at the white "fluff".

When someone tells you that "the ball is in your court", what is your reaction or question?   The internet's definition : What does the ball is in someone’s court mean?   Definition. Idiom: the ball is in someone’s court the moment when someone has the responsibility of taking the next action or making the next decision; Note: This idiom originates from the game of tennis. One player cannot take action until the other player hits the ball to their side of the court.

When you take the next action or make the next decision, don't settle for "good" if the possibility of "great" is still on the table.  Has God planted in your heart a vision of where He’s taking you? Perhaps for your business? Family? Ministry? Great! Hold on unswervingly to it because you will be tempted every step of the way to settle for something less than the original plan.  Be attentive, adaptive and sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s leading, and most of all, don’t settle for “good” if the possibility for “God’s Great” is still on the table!  Some of you reading this know all too well the painful feeling of having a door shut on some of your great expectations. When the door on your plans slam shut, don't walk away.  Get creative!  Doors will sometimes (seemingly) slam shut on the very things God has promised to do in our lives. It doesn’t mean that the promise has failed, it may just mean we need to get creative and consider some other options of achieving the intended goal. Furthermore, the struggle and discipline of creatively seeking other options is sometimes a key part of the process that God uses to prepare us to become better stewards of the promise He will be entrusting to us.  When you receive a blessing, don't forget to bless others.  Keep passing the ball to the other side of the court.

Shares for today:

Here, I've used dies from our friend across the country.  My goal was to make five cards this week showing women.  This one looks pretty good to me.
Since today is Wednesday, I like to participate with the girls at Splitcoaststampers.  This is sketch #SC890.  A little Valentine  card using Spellbinders Love Letter die and Tim Holtz Paper Stash.
I love Dyan Reaveley | Ranger Ink and her stamps.  This is one of the old stamps (Couture Collection). When you look at her new creation, it looks almost the same.  I was inspired to pull this stamp out and to give it another try.  I'll share this over on https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.

Thanks for viewing,
Lois