Friday, March 4, 2022

"Cancer Once Again"

 Hello crafty friends on this 4th day of March 2022.  Life has been good with its many challenges.  We are learning to take one day at a time.  Some things happen to us in a mild way and then there are those things that really punch us in the gut.  We cry...we laugh...we get sad...we get angry...we ask "why me" but if you're a believer, then you understand that God is with us through it all.  

You may be asking, what's the point of this writing...I'm glad you're asking.  My family has a history of cancer way back to my grandmother's day.  She succumbed to this dreaded disease.  I've had aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews as well as my daughter and sister in this family line who have had cancer.  A few survived (my sister and daughter are still here as well as a niece) but many had cancer that metastasized (cancer that spread).  I have a niece who is dealing with the return of her kidney cancer and she is determined that this will not break her down to the core.  She wants to be the one to stop this generational curse that has been placed on our family.  The money spent on finding a cure has been astronomical but we still have to go through chemo, radiation and surgery to get rid of this malady.  Send up prayers for my niece so that this time around there will be a positive outcome.

On another note, here are my shares for this posting:








This one will be added to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
All the other cards can be seen on Instagram.

Love you and take care,
Lois 


1 comment:

Treva said...

More beautiful cards and another sad but informative and touching post. Thank you for sharing and of course I'll add your niece to my prayer list. Cancer sucks and it gives a hard punch but we serve a God that is much bigger than cancer, war and all the challenges we face. Take care and continue to be encouraged. Hugs.