Wednesday, March 9, 2022

"That's Just The Way I Am"

 Happy Wednesday everyone!  This is March 9, 2022.  How many of you are into fasting and praying during this Lent season.  My daughter ask what was I doing during this time.  Well, I've decided to not buy anything in the craft area throughout this process.  I have more than I need and I have boxes to begin once more to DE stash.  Some will go to craft people and some will go to my local Goodwill store.  as far as fasting and praying, I'm keeping up with a local church during this forty days.  Today is Day 7 and the topic is "That's Just the Way I Am".  What do you think this is all about?  I'm going to show you my share (cards) for today first before I explain what the title is all about.  If you want to skip and read the information, you can find it under the images:


My bible journaling card for this week.  It will be added to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
I made this tag to put in my mixed media book.  I'm missing my granddaughter.  I haven't seen her since Christmas.  The pandemic kept us from traveling a lot.  Now, the gas price will have something to do with staying at home again.
This card was made using the sketch from Splitcoaststampers #SC896.  Studio Light collage paper was used along with an embossing folder from Altnew Zen tangle Patterns 3D.  Flowers (die cut) were added but not required along with a Parklane sticker.

Now, back to our topic:  "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.  When I become/became a man/woman, I put the ways of childhood behind me."  1 Corinthians 13:11  Disclaimer...this is taken directly from The Saint Paul's Baptist Church Fasting Manual and Devotional for 2022
How often have you said, "That's just the way I am?"  It is a convenient phrase that allows you to stay entrenched in the comfort zone of all your shortcomings.  If you were nothing more than flesh and blood, the phrase would be true.  You would be limited, and your options would be limited.  Of course, you know that you are so much more than your flesh and blood limitations.  You know that you have already gotten better at many things.
Chances are, you are better at expressing yourself now than you were as a toddler.  Chances are that you are a better driver now than you were when you first got a learner's permit.  Chances are that there are many things that you used to do that are not a part of your behavior today.  The proof is all around you.  You can clearly see that you are not limited to who you used to be.  You can be better tomorrow than you are today.  You can change.
REQUEST: Lord, help me to face and take responsibility for my shortcomings.  Guide me to grow in spiritual maturity so that I may put away the childish thing of my past.  Amen

Thanks for looking.  Thanks for reading.  Thanks for viewing.
Have a lovely day and stay Blessed.
Lois

No comments: