Wednesday, July 6, 2022

"Getting Ready For "Christmas in July" plus shares from June"

 Happy Wednesday, July 6, 2022.  How is everyone?  Are you enjoying the weather in your neighborhood?  In Virginia, it is hot and humid.  You are subject to getting a sun tan just by standing or walking in your yard.  

Do you make projects for the "Christmas in July" series?  I've been participating for a number of years.  It does save you from having to rush to make cards in November and the early part of December.  Trust me, if you can get a card done each weekday during the month of July it will add up to at least twenty cards that you can file and use after Thanksgiving.

Here are my card shares from my last posting up until today:

An entry for @Splitcoaststampers for sketch SC913.
It is summer and I did this for the beach.
Using inspiration from Youtube, I made this folded card.
This is another inspiration from Youtube (the design only).
Have you been surprised when you ramble through your supplies?  I use to do a "what's on my desk" card on Fridays.  I would use scraps that were left on my desk during the week for inspiration.  This was a surprise when I was looking through some of my stashes and came across this lovely vellum piece.  It made a fantastic focal point for this card.
When you cut out a die and it leaves a beautiful cut...what do you do with the piece of cardstock?  I placed it on top of a piece of black cardstock to make a focal point on this beauty.
I have/had so many corrugated boxes to get rid of.  Wait, why not use a piece for card making.
Now, this is really "use what you have on your desk".
The beach is on my mind.
Inspiration again from Youtube.
Using stickers from the Dollar Tree.

More beach ideas.
I am going to add this Fourth of July card to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

My granddaughter got me interested in making jewelry.  She started with bracelets (my inspiration).  I went a little further than bracelets and started making the necklace to go with the bracelet.  I'm a novice so don't judge harshly. 



Thank you for viewing and I hope one of these cards inspires you.

Love ,

Lois


No comments: