Wednesday, June 15, 2022

"Are Fathers Better Than Moms?"

 Hello friends, followers, family, and visitors.

I have a very important question for you to think about and answer today..." are fathers better than moms?"  Personally, I can't answer this question due to life experiences.  When I was about five and a half, almost six years old, my father passed away due to what is happening in our world today (gun violence).  He was an innocent bystander.  I grew up not having the hugs or advice from a man.  Yes, my grandfather was around at the time of my father's death but it wasn't long before he transitioned due to old age.  As a matter of fact, my grandfather apparently didn't have time to spend with little girls due to his farming.  The only thing he said or did for me was to teach me about his cotton and peanuts as well as his orchards (peach, plum, apple, grapes, and pear).   Did I write teach...I meant to write he showed me those things and said this is how he made his money to keep him and my grandmother living a "good" life.

I'm married with two grown daughters.  Over the years, I've watched my husband in the role of a father to my girls. When they were very young, he did the fatherly thing to keep them loved, fed, and protected.  When they became school-aged little girls, he backed away as if the situation changed and I was the teacher to everything else they were supposed to learn.  It appeared that I was responsible for their education and life learning skills.  My daughters were taught how to drive not by their father but by taking driver's education in high school.  He did teach the oldest one how to drive a "stick shift Volkswagon beetle" when she came home from college on summer break one year.  Since she was the oldest and went to live on her own, he taught her how to maintain her vehicle. (She still does this today regardless of the boyfriends and ex-husband that she had).  He relishes the title "father/dad" but he stands back and watches their independent growth.  I can't say he is better than me because a day may come when I'm not around and my girls will have to rely on his strength to keep them going.

Here are my shares for this week: 

I finish this one today using Mintay paper and a die for the flamingoes.
This is a card made using the Splitcoaststampers sketch SC910.  Tattered Lace paper was used along with Prima flowers.  
This little beauty was made with Tattered Lace paper, Prima flowers, the "hello" die, and the window die from Aliexpress.  I will submit this one to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Someone is always having a birthday.  I jazzed up this with some of the lace I don't seem to use that often.  Since this will be going to a young lady, I think she will enjoy its beauty.
I received this die and embossing folder from Tattered Lace.  So many graduations are going on so I made this card for a recipient.
This is another birthday card for another recipient during the month of June.

I hope you've enjoyed this commentary along with my card shares for today.  If you're inspired, use what you can with what you've got.

Sending love,

Lois


No comments: