Friday, September 7, 2018

"It's National Lazy Mom's Day But I Can't Celebrate"

Good Friday, September 7, 2018 beautiful people.
First, I have to tell you I laughed at the National Day Celebration...one of the titles for today, National Lazy Mom's Day.   How can or could  I celebrate and really enjoy the "Lazy Mom's Day?
With what's on my agenda, it is no way that I could enjoy this day set aside as a holiday from laundry, dishes, car pools and bathroom cleaning.  Those are just a few things on my list for today except the car pooling.
 I did manage to get a card done before I start with everything else.
I had a few things on my desk and I used those along with my scissors to create some hearts for this card...(look madam, no die cuts).
What was there, on my desk, were two paper pads and a cup of small items that didn't make it on other cards.   On the floor near the desk was a priority mail box ( I used a piece for some extra texture on my card).
I took a sheet of cardstock from one paper pad (Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope) and paired it with pieces from (Recollections Scrapbook Paper pad).  The dotted cardstock and the striped piece used for one of the hearts came from the Recollections pad.  The floral piece in the back and the heart with the bird came from Kaisercraft.
In the cup was a piece of ribbon and a twisted piece of paper.  After cutting out the hearts with scissors, I was trying to use the twisted paper as the heartbeat.  I didn't want to stretch it in a straight line.  I specifically wanted it in a curvy shape. I did have the words "With Love" and "heart" already cut out in the cup but couldn't get them to look appropriate on the card.  Therefore, they were left for another project. The little piece of red doily fit perfectly behind the brown Recollections cardstock layer.
Enough explaining!  Here take a look for yourself:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Thanks for viewing today.  Please come again and your comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: