Friday, March 15, 2019

"I Just Want To Play, Play, Play"

Hello beautiful people.
It is finally here...Friday.   Yay!!!  The weekend is on the horizon.
Welcome to my little corner of the world.
Today, I'm inking it up again.  Yes, it is fascinating to not have a real talent in this area but the outcome looks pleasing to me.  To the professional artist and painter, you may see flaws or wonder why this wasn't trashed but to a novice, it is what it is.

I've used distress oxides on Bristol smooth cardstock...just playing with no immediate plan.  I added the use of stencils (TCW Balzer Design  #MiniBelieveScript, TCW Rebekah Meier #MiniTimeforLove, Ranger #oldschoolalphasmall) and darker distress inks to place patterns over the distressing.  To finish the card with an embellishment, I cut out the Tattered Lace Fresco Floral Orchid die and inked the edges with distress inks.

Enabler's List:
Cardstock: PaperandMore pink, Hunkydory DP, Recollections dark brown, Bristol smooth white
inks: various distress inks in soft spring colors...blues pinks, yellow and a dark grey for the stenciling
stencils: TCW Balzer Design  #MiniBelieveScript, TCW Rebekah Meier #MiniTimeforLove, Ranger #oldschoolalphasmall
die: Tattered Lace #FrescoFloralOrchid
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

I'm trying to figure out this "alcohol ink" process.  I've acquired some as free gifts from buying items from different companies.  They (the alcohol inks) practically set in a box on a shelf until I pulled some out to try.  Once again, I am a NOVICE at this process and really don't know what I'm doing or did as a matter of fact.  I squirted the inks onto a piece of Yupo paper (something else that was gifted to me) and let it run.  I was going to drop 91% alcohol  onto the sheet but it spilled and I just let it go.  Again...it is what it is...I liked the outcome and decided to use it as a background.  I placed a chipboard piece with cattails on top of the piece and added two words from TH Big Chat stickers to make a phrase.

Enabler's List:
Cardstock: Recollections blue, Prima DP, Recollections black, YUPO paper
inks: blue, green and yellow alcohol inks, 91% alcohol, Copic marker (green and yellow)
embellishment: Clear scraps chipboard cattails, Tim Holtz #bigchat, Studio G white glitter glue

I just want to play with inks (distress, alcohol, deco art paint, gel printing).  It is relaxing and so much fun.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such beautiful cards - great job as always!!!

Anne Ripley said...

Gorgeous and artistic!!!

Treva said...

More beautiful cards, like your die choices and great inking! Have a great weekend.