Monday, March 18, 2019

"Venting Away The Negativity"

Hello beautiful people on this Monday, March 18, 2019.
The weekend was fun and festive.  I know most of you, even if you're not Irish, celebrated St. Patrick's Day....oh, the green!!!
May I take the opportunity to vent.  I have already said a little prayer asking God to ease my mind and to give me a heart of forgiveness.  I know HE did because I already feel so much better about a situation that happened.  I'm only venting or sharing the information with you just in case it happens to you....especially if you share your projects with other people.
On March 14, on my blog: https://lilartsywoman.blogspot.com/2019/03/hope-for-future.html , I title it (Hope For The Future).  I shared a card and specifically said how I was inspired by someone to make the card but yet I made it my own.  I didn't copy the lady's card and repost it on line as my own, instead,   I use a die, ink and embellishment that looked similar to the card Olga had made.  I gave credit to her and even posted her blog address https://buildingyourworld.blogspot.com/  so one would be able to see the card she made.
Here is the part that prompts this venting of negativity...yesterday, I was checking my email before going to church.  I had received one from someone I didn't know from a page where I had posted my card.  She begins to tell me that my card looked "nice" however, I should give credit where credit was due to Olga.  I began to fume...calming down, I replied to her statement.  I wrote:  If you had read the information in my blog, you would have seen where I stated that Olga was the inspiration for the card I made.  I didn't copy her card as my own but I used the idea and put my own spin on the card.  By the time I returned home from church, this same lady had responded to my reply by stating she "liked" what I said.
My point to all people who have negative responses to your work especially when people don't read what you are writing.  They go to your page, scroll down to find the project and respond according to what they see but never read the "Enabler's List" or other information in the blog.  Then, when they see something similar to what you've created, they want to say you copied someone's work and didn't give them credit.  So, so unfair.  
Here are two cards  for your viewing.  The butterfly one is inspired by having these dies dormant for too long and they needed to be used again.  The "Thinking Of You" card was inspired by trying to get rid of some lasting Heartfelt Creations paper.

entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Thanks for taking a little time out of your busy schedule to check-in with me today.
Your comments, positive or negative are always welcome.  It is up to me to accept, respond or delete them.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

7 comments:

Treva said...

Two beautiful cards and great inspiration! Wishing you a wonderful week. Love that butterfly die, I really need to use mine more.

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards as always - love them!!!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Beautiful cards...and honestly everyone has found inspiration from others and make it their own. I have been inspired by many and switch it up to my own personality and liking, but never copy. If something is similar, you did the right thing by giving credit to your inspiration. I wouldn't take it to heart, it just seems like a misunderstanding by not reading correctly.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful creations Lois thank you for sharing!
.... and yes so know where you are coming from!
I try to read all posts from beginning to end but so many do not, simply look at picks then they ask... how did you do such and such, when you’ve already said how it was done etc.
Ah well that’s their loss really, as is their judgemental attitude!
Sending blessings your way, we all borrow inspiration from one another, we love to pass it on!
Prayer hugs
Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thank you so much.

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thank you so much.

Nélida Cordón said...

Hello, Lois! You're right! So unfair and an apology would have been the right thing this lady should do.
Anyway! Two beautiful cards as usual
Hugs