Wednesday, March 20, 2019

"Increasing My Faith"

It's Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
Hello to my friends, followers, family, visitors and viewers.

I love to read...first, I start daily with the bible and during the day I move to any novel that I have not finished (at the present time, I'm stuck with  John Grisham's "The Reckoning").  In the evening, whatever magazine is near the dinner table, I'll read something from one of them and close the day with bible reading again.
My devotional reading, (Daily Encouragement For Life's Ups and Downs)... prompted the first card "A Life Of Faith" for today.  The topic was Increasing My Faith for March 20th.  This Devotional is written with a morning version as if Jesus himself is talking to you and an evening version as if you are responding to Jesus for what he has said to  you.  I'm sharing the part that comes from His Words To Me:  Faith is knowing who I've created you to be, and with this knowing, moving forward, always forward.  Never back.  Faith is daring to question Me--confident I'll answer with love and never condescendingly.  Faith is believing where I lead you leads to something good.  Faith is the light that breaks through the long, black alleyways of the impossible.  Faith is the triumphant hero of every s scrimmage, every chaotic tug-of-war, and every battle you'll ever confront.  Faith is the language you use with Me...Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God--Romans 10:17 NKJV


Enabler's List:
cardstock: beige and craft from Recollections; dark burgundy from Hunkydory; DP from DCWV "Meet Me In Paris
stamp: "Kyoko" by Julie Nutting
die: Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles
embellishment: Prima flower

 The second card was prompted by a Tonic kit that was given to me and I wanted to try out the die that was in it.  I put the die on a piece of cardstock and cut it out three times.  I mounted the die cut piece to a sheet of cardstock that came from Hunkydory.  The flowers are some from a combination of Recollections and Prima.  The green leaves are from ephemera by K & Company.

entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Enabler's List:
Cardstock: Neenah white; Recollection red/white polka dot; black Recollections; DP from Hunkydory
die: Dream In Color Craft Kit #18 cut three times
embellishment: flowers from Prima and Recollections; greenery from K & Company ephemera

Thanks to all the beautiful people who sent me encouraging words via comments.  Life is better when you are involved and I appreciate your kindness.  Keep the comments coming.  Continue to view this blog.  You may see or read something that may be encouraging to you.  Keep supporting my crafty habit.  I'm addicted to coloring, stamping, die-cutting and all types of crafting.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

4 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards you did a great job as always!!!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Faith is the key Lois. My favourite faith quote is the beginning of the FAITH chapter in Hebrews 11.
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen."
How precious is that? Simply believing God!
Lovely cards both of them well done!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x.

Treva said...

Another great commentary and more beautiful cards; thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Nélida Cordón said...

Beautiful cards!