Friday, July 26, 2019

"Creating From My Stash"

Happy Friday and Welcome to the weekend everyone.
First, I would like to blow kisses all the way to North Carolina to wish my "Sunshine" a very happy, happy 11th birthday.  I'll get to tell her in person later on.  If not today, then tomorrow.
It has been a very busy week for me with some glitches in my daily routine.  We had a storm in which the electricity kept flickering on and off.  The next day the internet service was down most of the day.  When I got a chance to post, then we had a visitor who stopped by. Yesterday was another one of those days that I made cards but could not get them posted to this blog but you may have seen them floating around on Instagram and Scrapbook.com.
Today's schedule is not that crowded.  I've once again pulled items from my stash to make quick and easy cards.  Take a look at my projects:
entry for
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
 This card was simply made by taking paper scraps that blend well together and adhering them down in different directions.  I pulled out my bag of ribbons and laces and found this lace flower which was adhered to the center of the focal panel.  Out of my die cut words, I selected "grateful" to place as the sentiment.  Grateful is how I am feeling.  So many wonderful things have happened that I'm grateful for. The good things are outweighing the bad things and God is Good all the time.
These are scraps that I saved from being trashed this morning.  Therefore, I really can't tell you what pad they came from.
This is a Christmas card that came together from using die cuts from my stash and from stickers in my file cabinet.  When I received the Sizzix die set of circle words, I cut all the dies out using different pieces of cardstock.  I had been playing around with making cards for Christmas in July.  This was an easy one because all I had to do was cut the black and red cardstock down to size for the white card.  I added the branch die cut at the top because it would go well with the ornaments I had cut out previously.  To spruce the card up a little more, I added jolee's boutique Christmas stickers (wreath and candy canes).  This came together as a cute Christmas card.

I'm preparing to visit "Sunshine" and her family this weekend.  I hope your weekend will be enjoyable also.  Take a little time to breathe, relax and have fun.
Thanks for a little bit of your time.  Come again...you are so welcome.

Sending you a hug and love.
Lois 

2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards as always!!!

Treva said...

Two more really nice cards, especially love the Christmas one; great use of stickers.