Tuesday, August 20, 2019

"Let's Emboss And Use Distress Inks"

Hello Crafting Friends,
I'm sharing cards in which I used two methods to achieve a desired look...embossing and inking with Distress inks.
I've had these embossing folders for some time and very seldom pull them out to use.  I have been organizing and coming across items that I needed to throw away;  needed to be used up; needed to be used again.  Today was the day that I was not going to use a die cut or hand made flower...just simply embossing.  On the watercolor paper I used, the embossing needed a little highlight so one would be able to make out the design.  This is where I pulled out the distress inks to highlight some of the areas.
Take a look at the two cards I'm sharing:
entry for
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
 "Be truly glad.  There is Wonderful Joy Ahead., 1 Peter 3:6
Items Used:
Cardstock: PaperandMore teal blue for base; Hunkydory blue and white pattern paper for layering; Recollections black cardstock for layering; Bristol watercolor paper
embossing folder: Spellbinders Floral Label Four
Ranger Distress inks... and Nuvo "golden sunset" glitter drops
sentiment: Janet Dunn "faith"

"Be Strong and take heart"
Items Used:
cardstock: Recollections teal blue, burnt orange and black for layering; watercolor paper
embossing folder: Spellbinders "Delightful Daisies"
Ranger distress inks and Nuvo "golden sunset glitter drops"
sentiment: American Craft "bible journaling"

What are you finding among your crafting supplies that you have not used in a long time?
Activate those items and make something new.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: