Wednesday, August 21, 2019

"Love You Bunches...You Are My Best Friend"

Hello to Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
I'm so  happy that today is the middle of the week.  Monday and Tuesday just slipped by so fast.  Blink...here it is and there it goes.  Life, when you get to be over 50, seems to go like a roller coaster.  Faster and faster with every turn in the bend.  Uphills and downhills and around and around we go.
Thankful for the many years and the blessings as well as the tribulations that I have endured.  God is Good!!!
Today, I've made two more cards.  Yes, two more for your viewing.  I tried another embossing folder with distress oxides inks and I used a stamp and did some fussy cutting and paper piecing.
Here are my shares for you:
"Love You Bunches"
Items Used:
Cardstock: Neenah white; Recollections purple; watercolor paper
Distress oxides: shaded lilac and wilted violet
stamp: Jillibean soup "handwritten sentiments"
embellishments: flowers from my stash: a wooden bird; Nuvo lilac whisper glitter drops


entry for
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
"You Are My Best Friend"
Items Used:
Cardstock: Neena white;  Recollections black: Tim Holtz Paper Stash; Bazzill red
embellishments: doilies from KSCraft (aliexpress);  fabric flowers from Walmart; Cosmo Cricket tiny text
stamp: Julie Nutting "Kyoko"

Today, on the National Day Calendar, is National Senior Citizens Day.  I chuckle at the announcement because our church had Senior Citizen Day on Thursday, August 15, 2019.  The lady that was responsible for fixing the food invited me to come.  She reminded me that I had reached that time in my life where I was considered a "Senior Citizen".  Then, she apologized because she thought she had hurt my feelings.  "No problem", I said.  "I'm glad to have made it to this point in my life".  I would love to enjoy the discounts that are provided but in my area of the world, we are not given that opportunity.  We have to travel a thirty to forty-five minute drive to be near a city with stores that provide this privilege.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your Wednesday and thanks for commenting.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards as always - another great creation thanks for sharing!!!

Treva said...

Two more beautiful cards, especially love the best friend card! Thanks for continually sharing and inspiring. Have a great weekend.

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks so much Beebeebabs and Treva.